Work is good. I'm being trained on the drive through which is GREAT because it means I'll pick up more hours. I really like my 20 yr old manager...and I'm getting to know people better. I'm having a girl from the day shift over on Friday night to play Clue...I'm excited.
We're not sure if the SMC girls are going to make it down here. They're trying to figure it out. If they do, it'll be this week end.
We are starting to develop a social life. yay. It's been fun although I'm getting tired of being new. lol. Ya'all know how that goes.
The church has a food booth at the fair every year (the fair was last week.) So we volunteered to help out. It was fun and we did get to meet more people from the church. Also we got free tickets into the fair. Therefore, we enjoyed ourselves after our shift. There was a evangelistic booth which really impressed me. On the outside it said "Are you going to heaven? Two question test to find out." I was very excited to see that every time we walked by, each of the three evangelists was talking to someone...and not just the same people...but then the conversations looked in depth as well. It was awesome. I love to watch people with the gift of evangelism in action. I wish I were better at it. (Not that I excuse myself from the Great Commission because "it's not my gifting.") We were talking to Holly (SMC alumni) that evening. She was telling us that there is a ministry that sets up a booth at the fair (in some other city) advertising dream interpretation and positive words. They get all sorts of people in there. They don't pray or share the gospel they just speak positive and interpret dreams. However, when someone says "that was Jesus" or "I need to get my life right" or "I need to go back to church"...there is a evangelistic booth right next door that they direct these people to. It sounds like its an effective ministry.

Jan and I

I've gone to girls' prayer night at the Smiths twice now. I really enjoy it! Praying for discernment as to whether I'm supposed to be a part of this group. I think I'm going to.
Amy's baby shower was on Saturday. We went. It was good. The church is having a block party this next Saturday giving out backpacks and shoes. We've volunteered of course. We've also volunteered to start helping with Children's ministry. woo-hoo. I also want to do Big Brothers/Big Sisters again...
At Amy's Shower:
Amy & her G'ma, Mother, Mother-in-law, G'ma-in-law
Amy with our gift...yay.

Anyways...I'm thinking that's about it for now.ttyl.


Looks like a lot of fun! I know what you mean by being new to everything...just throw yourself into the thick of it! lol
ReplyDeleteI read most of your other post...good thinking and word studies!
Wow. You've been busy. Fun to see all that you are up to. Great fun to see Amy looking pregnant.
ReplyDeleteI forgot - don't get so busy you don't have time for college. ::snort:: Love ya! I'm glad you are finding so much to do in Eugene. In no time you and Krista will be welcoming newcomers.
ReplyDeleteHpe the SMC girls made it down.