Let's see here...
I was hoping to work till close last night even though I was only scheduled till 7. They put me in drive through which I really enjoyed but then sent me home at 6:36....so that's work for you...
While I was looking up info online about Big Brothers/Big Sisters here in Eugene, I found a link to another program called Ophelia's Place. Have you heard anything about them? They are a program specifically for girls that offer after school activities/center, small groups, and counseling. Their staff and volunteers are all female. They seem to be big on healthy relationships with female adults and other girls, healthy eating, building self-esteem, not taking junk from guys etc...sounds like a good program. I want to get more information to maybe volunteer with them next school year (they select their volunteers for the school year in the Spring time). They are not faith-based but they sound like something I could really get into. We shall see....
I had the whole evening to myself as Krista and Mikhail went to see a movie I really didn't care to see. They had a good time I hear...so did I. I researched stuff on the Internet (as mentioned above). Spent time with Jesus. Finished my "blog that was more like a novel." I also watched a movie about Judy Garland...it's really sad how our culture or Hollywood or whoever you want to blame take our most talented young people and wreck their lives. It was ironic to find that such a beautiful young woman struggled so much with self-image. Makes me glad that I wasn't a movie star at age 12...lol
Today has mostly been just this and that. Amanda S and I talked on the phone. Good conversation. Krista and I went to Wal Mart. We nearly got trampled going in the entrance by people exiting through the entrance...lol...
anyways...I had better start preparing to get ready for work...it's a long physiological/emotional process you know...lol j/k
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Praying it all works out for you with the hours!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a good program, though i've never heard of it.