So let's recap the last couple of days.
Sunday: Went to church. It was good. The whole morning was rather focused on fellowship. I found myself experiencing a touch of the "post-move syndrome"...ie I miss my friends. We went out to the church picnic. It was nice. That evening, one of the girls I had met a few weeks ago came over (Chelsea). We talked and I made her dinner. I am proud to say that for the first time I prepared my guest something other than one of the three: grilled sandwich, macaroni, or chili. lol. I made tortellini with the Russian sauce Mom showed me how to make. woo-hoo. We had a really good time. We have a lot in common.
Monday: I worked. We were undermanned and then slammed. I was up front all by my little lonesome to face the hungry masses. lol. It went fine. That afternoon, Krista and I went to the U of O and rode our bikes...it was fun. We caught a late night showing of Star Trek at the cheap theater with Mikhail, Angela, and Chelsea. I absolutely loved this movie! I was wary of it as I had seen the preview in which a "bedroom scene" was portrayed. Yes, there is a foreplay scene. However, it was comparatively minor. The rest of the movie was great. I did have to shut my eyes a few times as I have a no tolerance for violence (such as a torture scene.) But the plot and the action were great. They stayed close to the old tv shows. I was excited each time a familiar character was introduced. It was one of the best movies I've seen in a while.
Today: I worked. Went to Wal Mart on the way home to pick up some groceries. I'm not sure I will frequently go to Wal Mart on my way home...ie still in all of my Taco Bell glory. One fella thought it cute to say at a volume obvious for me "I'm going to go eat at McDonald's." I wanted to turn around and tell him to stop being such a doofus. But I fained deafness. Anyways...I found peaches at 98 cents a lb..not sure if this is a good deal but I'm excited to have this little healthy treat around...and I picked up hair dye...stay tuned. lol. This afternoon, I made Stacia's birthday gift. I will have to get it in the mail tomorrow.
Krista is home from work. We are both hungry so I must be toddling along now.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I know what you mean with missing friends, moving sure does stink in the process, but once it's done it is good!
ReplyDeleteHey, if need me to take anyone down, I can be there in a couple of days! haha
I paid $1.05 EACH for peaches here the other day....then we SAVE them for something special and they'll probably rot. LOL
ReplyDeleteno..that will be quite all right Jared..but thanks for the offer. lol.
ReplyDeleteWow! expensive peaches! so I guess I did find a good price; )