So much I could write about but it is already 11:19 and I have an appointment to replace the windshield at 8:30 tomorrow morning...
So let me just leave a quick update mostly about work and then post later about deeper matters.
Work is good. I love my job. However, working with the night crew can be frustrating as I am the only one who speaks English as my primary language. oh yeah. Unless they are speaking to a customer or directly to me, they are speaking in Spanish. My night manager is still calling me "you." lol. oh well. I'm hoping to pick up some Spanish through this experience. There continue to be a constant flow of people looking for jobs so I definitely feel blessed. My general manager said that once I'm out of training, I'll be able to work all the hours I can because others (high schoolers) will be returning to school. I'm praying. Last night I had to be reminded that I'm not trusting in my managers for hours (which constitute provision) but in God... oh! here's a perk: old people are awesome. Go out of you way just a little and they want to tip you. lol.
Krista and I are enjoying our home, cleaning, planning meals, cooking, grocery shopping...etc. It's been good. We're settling into a routine. We have been enjoying our chai tea and candles as the weather has turned. We spontaneously had Donna over the other day. That was really fun. It is sad that she and her husband are moving to a new season in life right as we are getting here but nice that our time overlapped for a little.
So yeah... I guess that's about it for now...I have thoughts from my recent trip to SMC Grad and then some devo thoughts....maybe later....
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Glad you are getting the wind shield fixed.
ReplyDeleteAh, Donna from EBC.Where are she and Rick moving? Wow. She seemed very nice. Good job having her over.
Hang in there with the job. I certainly understand being in a spot where your primary language is different than others. LOL
Love ya!
They are not sure really. They are unfortunately being laid off. He'll teach one more term...we'd like to try to get one of his classes...we shall see.
ReplyDeletelanguage barrier: lol..I know
Hi Daughter
ReplyDeleteI am also glad you are getting the windshield fixed. We are so very proud of both you and all you have set your hands to accomplish. If you need anything, please let us know. I am sorry to hear about Rick and Donna. God will keep them in His care, though.
Love you
Dad