Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The HEAT...what else?

The heat is incredible! We reached 104 degrees yesterday...it's only in the 90s today. Krista and I are running errands and looking around stores in an effort to stay cool. Yesterday I was surprised to discover that I have sweated off 3 1/2 lbs this week! Now that's HOT! Don't worry...I'm drinking lots of water....

We met Mikhail last night to see a late night showing of "The Knowing." I definitely do NOT recommend this movie for young minds. However, it had the positive qualities of having no sexual content and the plot was great. I found myself wondering how in the world it was going to end. It dealt with the debate of determinism versus reactionism. Does everything have a predetermined purpose or is everything just happenstance? Krista and I are still diagnosing the odd worldview of this movie. Mikhail was very offended by the way in which they depicted the end of the world because it was contrary to truth. I must say though that no matter what movie you are watching there will probably be some anti-truth doctrine being fed to you. We must all keep a filter of wisdom and discernment in place.

Anyways...the library is about to close so I need to wrap it up

No comments:

Post a Comment