Tuesday, April 13, 2010

God Wants to go Places

It's a feeling that is familiar to any working man or woman. It happens in those few moments before you walk into work and clock in. Internally you just don't feel like working. There I was praying, "Lord, give me the right attitude. I don't want to go in there." At that moment I felt God say, "But I want to be in there and you are the one to get me in." I realized that there are places where God wants to go and He has given us the privilege/responsibility to take Him there. As "bond servants of Christ," we have already committed to obeying God and taking Him where He wants to go. It's like we're secret agents "sneaking" God in incognito. Another way to look at is similar to one of those pain killers that comes in the plastic capsules. The plastic capsule is swallowed along with the medicine. Inside of us, it is disintegrated so that the medicine can do its work. The capsule is a only a means to get the medicine where it needs to be. So to with us. We are only the capsules that carry God and His Holy Spirit where He needs to be. So it is not really us. We're not the medicine that this lost and dieing world needs. But we are the capsule that the medicine has chosen to be carried in to that lost and dieing world. Just some thoughts.

1 comment:

  1. It is a humbling thing to consider that I, you, we are the vessels, His hands and feet in this world. How is it that the Holy God of the universe would take a sinner like me to be His ambassador to the world and say, "look at my servant Mike and you will learn about ME!"? There are times when I recall Jamin's words of eloquence, "are you crazy?" Yet, this is His plan.

    ReplyDelete